Hello there! We're Crawford Supply Group, a Midwestern Bath & Kitchen Supplier with Designer Showrooms. We're here to answer your questions about bathrooms and kitchens. Follow our blog for handy guides and design inspiration!
It’s the same thing every New Year: we wave goodbye to old habits and resolve to try new experiences. We seek self-improvement, vowing to eat healthier, think smarter, and exercise more often. We create a laundry list of changes we’d like to make once January rolls around.
The world of kitchen and bath remodeling is no different; style and product trends morph in order to keep up with our ever-changing society. We asked our showroom consultants across the Midwest which bath and kitchen trends they foresaw as taking off in 2014. Below are the predicted 2014 bath and kitchen trends for Illinois, Michigan, and Pennsylvania.
A Westernized version of Japanese interior design, modern Zen combines the sleekness of the midcentury modern style with the organic airiness of the Zen style. Modern Zen is all about “clean lines, not too much frill,” says Tina Chaney, showroom consultant in Ann Arbor, MI.
From the kitchen faucet to the toilet, high-tech features can be found in a variety of bath and kitchen fixtures. “High-tech gadgets are a win-win for everyone,” says Tina. “Men love gadgets, and women like the clean lines most gadgets provide.”
In the kitchen, motion-activated faucets help to conserve water and reduce messes. In the bathroom, music-lovers will delight in gadgets such as the Kohler Moxie showerhead, the Kohler VibrAcoustic bathtub, the Kohler Numi toilet, and the Robern M Series medicine cabinets with TVID, an integrated TV feature.
The Kohler Moxie showerhead contains a wireless speaker that can be synced with your music-playing device, delivering clear sounds in the shower.
The Kohler VibrAcoustic bathtub utilizes a unique sound technology that broadcasts sound waves throughout the water. These vibrations pulse above and below the waterline, providing a soothing bath experience.
The Kohler Numi toilet combines cutting-edge technology and design to provide a grand experience in the bathroom. Features include bidet functionality, a motion-activated cover and seat, an integrated air dryer, a heated seat, a foot warmer, and music-playing technology.
The Robern M Series with TVID enable you to keep up with the news and the weather as you prep for the office.
Versatility and classic beauty mark the popularity of freestanding tubs. No longer are they seen solely as a relaxation haven; they are now also looked at as an art statement. “More and more people are coming in looking for freestanding tubs,” says Paul Guziec, showroom consultant in Itasca, IL.”They consider them furniture pieces.”
During the cold winter months, many of us dream of escaping to the sunny countryside. A farmhouse kitchen enables you to “travel” to the countryside without stepping a foot outside your home. Cheerful, bright colors and furniture-style cabinets characterize this kitchen style. “Country-style kitchens are really popular right now, especially farmhouse sinks,” says Paul. An apron-front farmhouse sink adds personality and nostalgic charm.
Neutral colors are soothing to the eye; plus, if you’re planning to resell your house, neutrals are the way to go. “90 percent of our customers have been looking for white fixtures. The other 10 percent are looking for biscuit-colored fixtures,” says Jessica Dobrushin, showroom consultant in Pittsburgh, PA.
Home spas, complete with digital showers, steam baths, and saunas, are predicted to take off in 2014. Dubbed “the spa experience” by showroom consultant Tina Chaney, this type of bathroom is designed to promote relaxation and wellbeing at home.
“Shiny finishes are definitely popular in Pittsburgh,” says Jessica. “Homeowners love them because they turn your faucets and accessories into jewels.” Polished brass gives off a retro vibe and is easy to clean. Copper ages beautifully, and adds a Victorian look. Chrome works well with modern and contemporary bathrooms. If you’re not into chrome, polished nickel is a less-reflective alternative.
Start off the New Year right with a beautiful new bathroom or kitchen. Visit a Crawford Supply Group showroom, located in Illinois, Michigan, and Pennsylvania, to browse through our wide selection of bath and kitchen fixtures and accessories. You can also set up a free Showroom Consultation with one of our knowledgeable team members.