Top 5 Kitchen Trends – June ’17
The kitchen remains the focal point of every American home. This being said, a kitchen build or remodel is of the utmost importance. Although the task can seem daunting, there are many experienced kitchen designers and cabinet supply stores, like Crawford Supply, that can make this job seem so easy!
The first thing on the to-do list is figuring out what the latest trends might be. Although trends can change quickly, knowing the most current at the time of your remodel or build, can keep you up-to-date for the next several years.
- Cabinet color is crucial. Currently trending, white remains the leader! Close in second is gray, which is predicted to pass white within the next year. White is bright, inviting and makes the room appear larger! The only downside may be keeping it clean. If constantly wiping your cabinets does not fit into your schedule, you may want to make the switch to gray…why wait??
- The second trend is one that has been around for a while – islands. Islands are still a must! We cook, eat, entertain, and serve in our modern day kitchens. The island is used for all of the above! Shape and size depend on your individual kitchen layout, but be sure and include the island as part of your design!
- Somewhat new to kitchen cabinet design are the customized drawers and cabinets. Although spice racks, built-in garbage and recycle cans, and cookie sheet dividers have been around for a long while, new to customization are open up white boards and chalkboards, hidden places for your bills and paperwork, and hidden, deep pull out drawers for whatever storage is still needed: large serving dishes, kids’ craft materials, or even Grandma’s old cookbooks.
- Days of all cabinetry being one color have been long gone for quite a while. But mixing wooden cabinet doors with glass doors and even open shelving, can create that contemporary or eclectic feel you’re looking for.
- Lastly is adding color. Since the popularity of the white cabinet, designers have found other ways to infuse color into modern day kitchens. Adding a colorful backsplash, a colorful sink, countertops with pops of color, or even selecting dishes that bring out some color, help spruce up the blandness of the white and/or gray kitchen cabinetry.
**All photos are of Wellborn cabinetry. Stop in and check out our new displays in several of our showrooms!